So why should you localize your websites where you offer your services or your products?
An easy answer is to make more revenues.
To localize your website is to make it available considering the language and the culture of your target customers.
Naturally, people tend to associate themselves with their language, their culture and their conventions even they know one or more languages.
In addition, to attract them, you need to have it their way.
It is a common knowledge that if your customers can’t take the right information about your product they won’t buy.
To find information in their language may be a more important advantage than a lower price.
Hints for smooth localization
- Don’t assume that the norms and characteristics of your locales apply everywhere in the world. Wrong assumption.
- Make sure your source content will meet quality standards when offered to international audience
- Avoid domestically driven content like slang and colloquialisms
- Consider history, art, culture, heritage, and religion of the target audience, among other cultural aspects
- Prepare consistent and concise content at the first beginning
- Once you begin your localization process, stop making changes to your source content.
You can’t afford to be left behind
If you are in Dubai or in any emirate of the UAE, you can’t depend only on English for your business to survive, let alone to thrive.
Look around. Every business uses every means to deliver its message and to fine tune its voice. You can’t turn your face the other way.
To have your piece of the business cake in Dubai, your company should speak Arabic. Speak Arabic like Arabs. And not like robots.
How? You ask.
Your business communication and its means should be originally created in Arabic. By writers and copywriters who are well conversant with their language and their culture. Those whose language system is a part of their blood system.
Now you say where are they?
You are right. They are rare and rarely findable. You have to search and search. What is your alternative? Fortunately, there is one.
Quality translation service in Dubai can do the job and more. But don’t take it for granted, no translation service in Dubai is like another. Just like in any other industry. When you find them, stick to them. Until you find them, please read.
Back to your piece of the business cake here in the UAE.
It is important to translate and to make sure your creatively translate your website, content, copies, collaterals in the best manner possible. This is how you have your share of affluent business opportunities around the corner.