Maris is Elaph Training’s corporate social responsibility initiative targeting fresh graduates of the translation major. Within Maris framework, we provide a fully-paid scholarship for one hundred fresh graduates of Egyptian high education institutions, both public and private. Each quarter, twenty-five graduates enroll to receive 50-hour professional training on different aspects of translation. Maris training puts sharp focus on practicing translation in a real-life environment where learners get an insider’s perspective on the translation process as a whole.
- To provide an unparalleled opportunity for fresh translation graduates to receive practical training and acquire new skills and knowledge;
- To build the technical capabilities of translation learners;
- To qualify efficient translators who can effectively handle professional career challenges and contribute to community development; and
- To prepare learners to the labor market.
- Arabic grammar
- English grammar
- Arabic writing
- English writing
- Translator’s tools
- Principles of legal translation
- Principles of technical translation
- Principles of Media translation
- Interested candidates apply online using our web-based application system;
- Applicants undergo online testing to evaluate their language level (in both Arabic and English);
- Applicants who score at least 75% are qualified to enroll in Maris;
- Upon application closing date, an electronic system randomly selects 25 persons of qualified candidates;
- Selected candidates are notified with the program start date;
- Other qualified candidates not selected in the first run are automatically transferred to the next run;
- Candidates who failed the exam are allowed to re-apply and take another chance to pass the test after six months.
- Upon program completion and successfully passing the final exam, trainees get an authorized certificate;
- First five toppers of each run are eligible for employment at Elaph Translation.